This video discusses not only the way in which la is enacted, but crucially how it is executed in the UK.
This video covers:
- Decisions in Parliament are enacted through Bills.
- Bills go through procedures in both Houses.
- Once given Royal Assent, the bill is then binding as law, and the government ministries execute them.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The way in which law is created and maintained.
- The procedure to create law in the UK.
With thanks to
- Baroness Scotland
- Tessa Jowell MP
Image – Palace of Westminster (UK Parliament-Jessica Taylor)