This video discusses the different types of legislation, both in origin and in composition.
This video covers:
- Most policy comes from the government’s manifesto.
- Backbenchers also contribute policy recommendations for legislation.
- The difference between public/private legislation.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The process of legislation in Parliament.
- The diverse ways and types of legislation that is available to Parliament to consider.
With thanks to
- Natascha Engel MP
- Lord Norton
Image – Corbyn Budget 2016 (UK Parliament-Jessica Taylor)