This video discusses the nature and role of All Party Parliamentary groups, and their importance.
This video covers:
- All Party Parliamentary Groups are cross party and are comprised of members from both houses.
- This demonstrates the strength of Parliament abroad, through unity and as a demonstration of the different aspects of Parliament all working together.
- They also allow for specific, targeted, and expertise scrutiny of particular subjects.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The cohesion of different aspects of Parliament.
- The benefit of cross party scrutiny.
With thanks to
- Andrew Rosindell MP
- Lord Ahmed
- Baroness Stern
Image – APPG on Pancreatic Cancer