This video discusses the role of Parliament and Parliamentarians, as servants of the people.
This video covers:
- Parliament gives political voice to the people.
- The House of Commons gives the people directly elected officials.
- The House of Lords provides the people with expert scrutiny of laws to ensure the highest level of accountability.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The roles of both Houses in connection with the people
- The combined role of both Houses as Parliament.
With thanks to
- Baroness Scotland
Image – Big Ben (UK Parliament)