This video discusses the combinations of party political and independent agendas put forward in Parliament.
This video covers:
- The government’s agenda or manifesto.
- The way in which this manifesto is translated into legislation.
- The fact that any member can bring forward a bill of their choosing, showing a balance of range in discussion within Parliament.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The part an agenda plays in discussion for Parliament.
- The ability of MP’s to contribute to this discussion independent from their party manifesto.
With thanks to
- Baroness Scotland
Image – The Front Bench (UK Parliament-Catherine Bebbington)