This video discusses the Register of Members Interests, its function, and how it benefits Parliament.
This video covers:
- The register as a mandatory list of every member of Parliament, whereby their financial interests and assets are listed.
- MP’s must also list the financial interests and assets of their immediate family.
- If any change occurs to their financial interests or assets, the list must be updated within a month.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The core principle of transparency in Parliament.
- The mechanisms for ensuring transparency.
With thanks to
- Baroness Stern
- Keith Vaz MP
Image – Members Lobby (UK Parliament-Jessica Taylor)