This video discusses the nature and role of early day motions, their requirements, and their direction of principle.
This video covers:
- The fact that Early Day Motions can be submitted any day Parliament is in session.
- The fact that Early Day Motions only need one MP to be signatory, but there is also no maximum amount that can become signatories.
- The fact that Early Day Motions can be either political or non-political.
Teachers can use this video as an introductory tool for students, at the start of a lesson, or as a summary at the end.
The video provides a sound summary of main topic areas and covers key points, including:
- The origin and composition of Early Day Motions.
- The role and principles of Early Day Motions.
With thanks to
- Andrew Rosindell MP
Image – Big Ben (UK Parliament-Jessica Taylor)